File:2012-10-31-Designated Cases - Active-White Sheet Report-Kirton McConkie.pdf
A document from October 2012 labeled “Attorney Work Product” from the Kirton McConkie law firm, a Salt Lake City law firm used heavily by the Mormon Church. It was used as a living document to maintain updates on active cases involving multiple attorneys.
This document was first published by MormonLeaks on September 19, 2018.
Redactions & Clarifications
Redactions have been made to protect the identities of the all parties, particularly the abuse survivors. Redactions are color coordinated as follows:
|Legal Staff or Church Leaders||Green|
- The acronym CPB stands for “Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric”, a Church entity
- The acronym LDSFS stands for “LDS Family Services”
- The acronym FP stands for “First Presidency”, the highest governing body of the Mormon Church
- It is unclear what the acronym PDR stands for. If you have intel or context, please contact us.
- Cases not involving specific individuals have been left largely unredacted
- The column titled ‘Local Attorney’ lists the names and contact information of the attorneys who are working on the case on behalf of the Mormon Church. In cases where Kirton McConkie has outsourced the legal work (often because it is a case outside of Utah) and some allegation of abuse is involved, we have redacted the names of the attorneys in order to provide maximum protection of the identities of the victims.
- The case on page 2 involving Steven C. Davis has been left unredacted because of an interview where Mr. Davis outlines some of the disputes he has with the Mormon Church. It is unclear if the disputes he discusses in the interview are the same that pertain to the case in this document, but the dates indicate that there is likely some sort of connection.
- The case on page 2 involving John Hajicek has been left unredacted. Mr. Hajicek in well known in several Mormon circles as a collector of historical mormon artifacts. MormonLeaks reached out to Mr. Hajicek for comment. He did not want to comment on the case, but he did state that MormonLeaks is free to leave the information unredacted if we so chose to.
- The case on page 5 involving Francois Morin has been left unredacted as the case received news coverage.
Content Warning and Resources
The content of this document may be particularly triggering or traumatizing to individuals who have experienced abuse previously. Below are a list of resources that can be utilized in the United States. If you are not a resident of the US, we encourage you to search for resources near you.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||04:27, 19 September 2018||(1.61 MB)||Ryan||== Description == A document from October 2012 labeled “Attorney Work Product” from the [https://www.kmclaw.com/ Kirton McConkie] law firm, a Salt Lake City law firm used heavily by the Mormon Church. It was used as a living document to maintain u...|
- You cannot overwrite this file.